July 22, 2012

Building Relationships in Ramadan


Assalamualaikum, So I’ve been M.I.A for a while and I apologize for that, I’ve been busy with final exams and then preps for Ramadan but .. I’m back now :) Inshallah today I’m going to be telling you about a topic that’s been on my mind for a while and that’s ‘Building relationships in Ramadan’.

Ramadan is a month of new beginnings and time for spiritual reflection, and a time for people to build good relationships, and to mend fractured relationships with our family and friends.  A great way of doing this is to invite them over for iftar.  The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is reported to have said: "Whoever feeds a hungry believer, Allah will feed him with the fruits of Paradise; and whoever gives a drink to a thirsty believer, Allah will quench his thirst (on the Day of Judgment) with an exquisite drink of Paradise; and whoever clothes a believer, Allah will clothe him with a green robe of Paradise." Hurting our brothers and sister in Islam is a great sin and is sometimes done unintentionally, so it is important to constantly seek eachothers forgiveness.

If you have been hurt by someone, do not turn away their request for forgiveness no matter how big or small the mistake might have been.  It is not always easy to forget the wrong done to you by others especially if it was a betrayal from someone close to you; someone you trusted, but the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is reported to having said that Allah (SWT) has said: “O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its.” Subhanallah. So who are we to turn away from the requests of forgiveness from someone?

May Allah (SWT) opens our hearts to forgive those who have wronged us, and puts forgiveness in the hearts of those we have wronged. Ameen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment